Monday, April 9, 2012

I Live on the Set of Burn Notice (Kind of)

I live on the set of Burn Notice!

Well, kind of. I actually live in Coconut Grove, Florida (The Grove). The Grove is a city in the Miami metropolis. I love living here. It's not as touristy as South Beach and not as busy as downtown Miami. It's also very beautiful. Which is probably why Burn Notice shoots here. In fact, some of my favorite places have been used in several burn notice episodes.

Miami City Hall, located in Coconut Grove, is often used as a backdrop in Burn Notice episodes.

This is Scotty's Landing, one of my favorite hangouts in Coconut Grove. The dolphin sandwich is awesome!
Both of the places above have been used as backdrops in Burn Notice episodes. As a die hard Michael Weston fan, I am constantly on the prowl here. Who knows, maybe one day I'll actually get to meet the Burn Notice actors!

But The Grove is not just about hunky t.v. spies. This city is chock full of things to do and see. Today, I took a walk along my favorite path through The Grove. Along the way, I passed three parks, a marina, and a shopping area with lots and lots of restaurants. Here is what I saw:

Boardwalk at Peacock Park in Coconut Grove, Florida

Palm trees in Peacock Park. Coconut Grove is a tropical paradise!
The pictures above are from the first park I walked past, Peacock Park. This park has a large open field and a baseball diamond. It hosts festivals all throughout the year, including Grovetoberfest in October and the Coconut Grove Art Festival in February.

This is the second park I walked past:

Mooo! Ok, I don't actually know what sound a giraffe makes.

Neigh!

The giraffe and horse above are two sculpture in Meyers Park. This park is right across the street from Peacock Park and isn't very large. I didn't even realize it was a park the first few times I walked by. However, this park just recently got way more exciting with the addition of outdoor body weight exercise equipment.

Boats, boats, and more boats. That's right. Seeing as The Grove is a waterfront city, it only makes sense that it has tons and tons of marinas. Some are public and some are private. The pictures below are from the Dinner Key Marina, which is a city marina and is open to the public. Burn Notice fans might recognize this marina as it is often used in the show.




Yachts with the Miami skyline.

The last stop on my walk through The Grove is also the third park, Kennedy Park. This park is the largest of the three. It has running paths, sand volleyball courts, outdoor exercise equipment, a boardwalk, and a dog park.

My favorite thing to do in Kennedy Park is stalk the dogs in the dog park.

Boardwalk at Kennedy Park

I often stalk the dogs in the dog park. I haven't seen these labs before. They must be newbies.

Outdoor exercise equipment. Get your fitness on for free!

So there you have it. The Grove is great. You should come here. In fact, stop by my house and I'll take you on a tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment