Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Bucket List

My Bucket List is 3 full pages and growing!
A few years ago, I got the idea to start a bucket list. After having listed about 50 things on the list, I noticed a common theme. The majority of my bucket list activities involved travel. So, I decided to create a second bucket list dedicated solely to the places I want to visit.

Fast forward to today and my bucket list is out of control. It's three full pages long and still growing.

I realize it's not likely that I'll be able to visit every place on my bucket list. Thus, I've decided to narrow it down to the top ten countries I'd like to visit before I die. Here's the list:

1. Peru
2. China
3. Spain
4. Brazil
5. Argentina (Patagonia!)
6. Israel
7. South Africa
8. Egypt
9. South Korea
10. Japan

Whew! That was tough. There are about 30 more countries I would love to add to the list. I'm still not even sure if these countries are truly my top 10.

Now that I've (kind of) narrowed down my bucket list of countries to visit, I'm going to attempt to narrow down my bucket list of activities to do before I die. Here's my top ten:

1. Take a picture of the Loch Ness monster (one can dream, right?)
2. Live in a foreign country
3. Go to Oktoberfest in Munich
4. Attend La Tomatina Tomato Fight in Bunyol, Spain
5. Spend the night in a real haunted house
6. Take an edge of space supersonic jet ride
7. Go to the Harbin Ice Festival in China
8. Hike the entire Appalachian Trail
9. See the Naga Fireballs on the Mekong River in Thailand (October)
10. Go to Carnival at Rio de Janeiro

Again, I had a really hard time narrowing down the list to just 10. I wouldn't be surprised if these lists change over time. I think everyone should create a bucket list. Even if you don't end up doing all (or any) of the items on your list, it's good for the soul to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment